Chautie also gave me a bull (2 & 1/2 weeks early also). He is a real cutie but being only a grade 4 bull he will be steered.
Esprit aborted a bull calf 2 months premature. I feel so sorry for Esprit as she had a stillborn heifer last year (full term). I have sent the foetus off for testing to make sure there is nothing contagious going on. I am hoping she is just having bad luck. The practical side of me is telling me to cull her but she is such a sweet cow (the only one in my herd I can walk up to any time and give a cuddle and scratch to) as long as the tests come back clear I am seriously thinking about trying for third time lucky. I am hoping for the test results in the next few days.
Doral is due to calve on the 4th May. I don't think she'll hold out until then. I will keep you informed as to progress. I would love another heifer from her (and preferably not a PHA carrier!)